In busy months I put our meals into 'lock down'. Most Sunday nights I meal plan our meals for the week ahead and then do our groceries online for that week. Some weeks are just crazy busy though and in those weeks I refer to my Lock Down sheet. All our dinners are made in the Thermomix.
How it works? There are 30 meals in the meal plan. The date of the month becomes the meal that we have for dinner that night. For example.. This week Monday is the 14th of April which means that on Monday we will be having 'Green Curry in a hurry'.
Our Meal Plan for this week will be:
Monday: Green Curry in a hurry
Tuesday: Thermofuns coconut curry served with a garden salad.
Thursday: Homemade pizza
Friday: Chicken Veloute
Saturday: Coconut Curried Sausages
Sunday: Quirky Cookings fried rice.
Having this sheet preprepared with super easy meals that our family enjoys takes all the hard work out of meal planning. If we stick to this list we do not double up on one meal for a whole month - incredible right?!
I thought I'd share our Lock Down sheet with you. Where possible I have linked meals to their recipes. Some meals are from the Everyday Cookbook (EDC) that comes free with the purchase of a Thermomix.
30 Thermomix Dinners - in Lock Down:
1)Chicken, bacon, pumpkin and spinach risotto served with broccoli and peas.
2) Creamy Tomato and Salami Fettuccini served with a garden salad. (EDC)
3) Spaghetti Bolognese served with garlic bread and a garden salad. (or EDC)
4) Shepherd’s Pie served with carrots, sweet corn and beans. (EDC)
5) Singapore Noodles served with a garden salad.
6) Kasundi Butter Chicken with rice and snap peas.
7) Corned Beef served with potato, pumpkin, peas and beans.
8) Vegetarian Carbonara served with broccoli and beans.
9) Chicken and Vegetable Sausage rolls served with salad.
10) Egg and Bacon Pie served with a garden salad.
11) Honey Mustard Chicken and Rice served with brocollini.
12) ChickenCashew. (EDC)
17) Homemade pizza.
18) Chicken Veloute (EDC).
19) CoconutCurried Sausages served with rice, snap peas and broccoli.
20) Fried Rice.
21) Chicken and Mushroom Family Pie served with a garden salad.
22) Lasagne served with asparagus, carrots and zucchini.
23) Quiche served with a garden salad.
24) SatayChicken Noodle salad served with avocado and tomato.
25) Krispy 'Fried' Chicken served with asparagus, carrots, zucchini and rice.
26) Beef Stroganoff served with rice and brocollini. (EDC)
27) Red Thai Curry served with rice. (EDC)
29) Prosciutto wrapped chicken and creamy garlicsauce served with rice and beans.
30) Fisherman’s pie. (EDC)